Entrepreneurs usually have a certain type of personality that drives them to their ambitious goals. The entrepreneur is somebody who has rejected the idea of working for somebody else – they must be their own boss. The internal desire to be a shepherd rather than a sheep. Do you have these attributes? If so, you’re well on your way to making a success of yourself.
- Vision – Do you look for opportunities wherever you are? You probably have a grander idea or vision to improve the businesses and services you already use. One of the main things that draws people into entrepreneurship is the drive to make something better. Steve Jobs had a vision of a mobile phone that was all screen and smarter than anything we’d seen before – just look where we are now.
- Fearlessness – you will fail on your entrepreneurial journey. Maybe over and over again! One of the best measures of a good businessman is the ability to bounce and go again. You have to have no fear of failure. Use failure as a learning experience to inform your next effort. Mistakes make you stronger!
- Confidence – You are extremely secure in yourself, you know that you have the skills and ability to be a success. You’d have no problem pitching to investors exactly why they should invest in you. Be careful not to cross the line between confidence and arrogance. Confidence is earned through your success!
- Adaptability – You are happy to adapt and adjust your efforts accordingly. If something doesn’t work, you will sit down and change things until it does work. You understand that things very rarely go to plan when running a business!
- Passion – Of course you are passionate. You are on a journey to the greater good, you have rejected the traditional rat-race 9-5 job and you want to build something greater for yourself and your family. You are not in it for the money, you are in it for the freedom!